If you have a concern about your sexual health…
We respect your privacy and are happy to assist you with any concerns about your sexual and reproductive health.
We can diagnose and help you with prescriptions for any sexually transmitted illness which you may encounter. Book an appointment with us for a confidential discussion and personalized care.
Sexual Health Services
- Contraception Advice and Treatment including Emergency Contraception (‘Morning After Pill’)
- Testing and treatment for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- Sexual Health Advice
- Pregnancy Testing & Advice
- Cervical Smear Tests
- HPV vaccination to protect against cervical, penile, anal and throat cancers
- Sexual injuries or advice in the event of an assualt
Reproductive health advice
Your choice of contraception will depend on your age, health and the status of your relationship. Talk to our doctor if you are unsure which method is best for you. They will ask about your health so they can recommend the best forms of contraception for you.
The different methods of contraception available include:
- Contraceptive pills–“the pill”
- Barriers—condoms and diaphragms
- Long acting slow release injection–Depo Provera
- Long acting reversible contraception is available at Doctors on Luckens, please ask us for further information
- Permanent contraception: vasectomy for men and tubal ligation for women
- Emergency contraception
- Fertility education and awareness
Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
STIs are significantly on the rise in New Zealand, especially among young people, and as primary health providers PHOs and their General Practitioners like Doctors on Luckens are at the forefront of combating their rise. STIs on the increase in the community means there are more people with an STI, so there is a greater chance that you could catch one. People often do not know they even have one, as many, such as Chlamydia do not have any tell-tale symptoms, and this is why they are being spread so easily.
Untreated STIs like Chlamydia can go on to cause severe diseases and even infertility. The good news is that Chlamydia can be easily treated with prescription medication from your doctor. Other STIs can’t be cured, but can be controlled with medication.
At worst you can also catch debilitating illnesses like Hep C and HIV, which are both incurable but easily preventable by always using condoms.
Condoms are effective
Condoms effectively prevent many STIs. Stay safe. Always use a condom, no matter who you are having sex with.
We are located between Hobsonville Family Doctors Luckens Road medical centre Hobsonville medical centre Royal heights medical centre royal heights doctors westgate medical centre Luckens Road Surgery General Practice, Medical Centre, Luckens Road Medical Centre, GP, West Auckland Doctor, Hobsonville Doctor, Health, Healthcare, Family Medicine.